True North is an Oklahoma Men’s Ministry where our mission is to create environments where men can hear from God!
Who we are:
- Passionate, genuine, and unashamed men desiring to encourage and challenge men in their spiritual journey.
- Not tied to any particular church or denomination, as a result, we are focused on equipping any man who is engaged in the larger battle.
- Group of men brought together in 2011 with a vision of affecting men’s relationships with their Creator, their wives, their children, and their friends.
- Independent 501(c)(3) organization and we exist to serve the local “C”hurch and their men.
- Oklahoma Men’s Ministry
True North Ministries orients men to WALK with God, ENGAGE in the larger story, and LIVE free.
Create environments where men can hear from God.
Men need to be better; better sons, better husbands, better fathers, as a result, better men. We will facilitate the sharing of experiences to promote a deeper, more fulfilling life that can only be found in Jesus Christ – the ultimate man.
What we believe:
- First, our model of masculinity is Jesus, who is at the same time tender and aggressive.
- Second, that awakening a man’s desires to live as God made them to be is the first step in revolutionizing families.
- Thirdly, written on the heart of every boy is a desire to be a hero, to be a warrior, and to live a life of adventure and risk and that this desire grows as a boy becomes a man.
- In addition, most men abandon those desires, at times aided by contemporary Christian churches, which have created environments where the aspiration is to be nothing more than “a nice guy,” leaving men passive and bored.
- Lastly, a man’s true identity is not found in work, his personality, or who the world says he is, but is ONLY found in what Jesus says he is.
True North Ministries Statement of Faith
Authority of Statement of Faith
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. True North Ministries, Inc. believes, however, that the Statement of Faith accurately represents the teachings of the Bible and, therefore, is binding upon all members. All literature, whether print or electronic, used in the ministry shall be in complete agreement with this Statement of Faith. However, if there are any conflicts regarding interpretation of the Statement of Faith, then the Board of Directors shall have the final authority over interpretation and implementation.
Statement of Faith
A. Beliefs on Doctrine
Our Statement of Faith concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) revealed in Scripture. Because, It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Eph. 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe, but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity (Rom. 15:7).
Above all, any board member, staff, Executive Director, or volunteer of True North (Oklahoma Men’s Ministry)Ministries, Inc. believes in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father. Therefore, He suffered, died, and was buried; and on the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into Heaven, sitting on the right hand of the Father; He shall come again, with glory, His Kingdom shall have no end. In the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified.
- First, The Authority of the Scriptures – We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired and only infallible Holy Word of God. (II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21).
- Therefore, God is one being who eternally exists as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But all of the persons are equal in power and glory (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14).
- In addition, Jesus Christ was wholly man and wholly (and Holy) God. That He lived and dwelt among us as a man, but also is eternal as the sole God. (1 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:15)
- All humans are sinful by nature (Rom. 3:23, 5:12) and can only be forgiven by repentance and statement of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16), brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7).
- The continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-17).
- Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way for salvation , therefore, He is the only gate into Heaven. (John 3:16 & John 14:6).
- Additionally, the church is not a building, but it is the people that together makes up the body of Christ. However, the universal church consists of all those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. (Romans 16:5, Ephesians 1:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:13).
- In the second coming of Christ, i.e., that Jesus will return for his bride, The Church, and we will all live in Heaven with God forever.
- Affirm the biblical definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24, Mark 10:6-9).
- We should demonstrate love for others, not only toward fellow believers, but also toward those who are not believers, even those who oppose us, and those who engage in sinful actions. We are to deal with those who oppose us graciously, gently, patiently, and humbly. God forbids the stirring up of strife, the taking of revenge, or the threat or use of violence as a means of resolving personal conflict or obtaining personal justice. Although God commands us to abhor sinful actions, but to love and pray for any person who engages in such actions. (Lev. 19:18; Matt. 5:44–48; Luke 6:31; John 13:34–35; Rom. 12:9–10; 17–21; 13:8–10; Phil. 2:2–4; 2 Tim. 2:24–26; Titus 3:2; 1 Peter 3:8–9; 1 John 3:17–18)
True North Ministries Event(s) Attendance Policy and Position
Spouses and/or significant others are not allowed to attend True North Ministries (TNM) overnight sponsored events together. In conclusion, all TNM overnight events are designed for an individual experience to hear from God.
#1 Oklahoma Men’s Ministry